Thursday, July 29, 2010

The first step is of course figuring out what to make. What do I picture myself walking down the aisle in?

Well, here is a link to the wedding site: www.theclaremonthouse.net

It is absolutely gorgeous, and I can’t imagine not wearing an incredible bustle for it.

So I went in search of ideas and found a couple of patterns at www.agelesspatterns.com



The first is just a bodice pattern that I really like the basic design of, but I hate the sleeves and the ribbons on the front. (pattern #1442)










I like the sleeves from this dress (#1273)




















And I love the skirts on this dress (#1275). I would extend the top skirt to have a nice train that can be tied up into an even more incredible (not sure how grammatically correct that is) bustle for the reception:














All of that is fine and well, but of course, you have to start from the inside out. I am using pattern #1061 for the corset after speaking with the woman at ageless patterns and getting her advice on which would will work best under the bodice.

No comments:

Post a Comment