Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I LOVE COSTUMES!!!


Sorry, just had to get that off my chest…

Every year in tampa there is a huge pirate festival and then there is another in Saint Augustine.  I really want to make a pirate outfit to wear to them, and I want it to be flattering.  Any idea how hard it is to find flattering pirate costume that doesn’t make you look like a Halloween Twamp ( a twamp is all the tween girls in trampy outfits).  Pirates of the Carribean did a great job in fitting the costumes to be semi accurate and still made the girls hot.

My scanner is broke at the moment, but I found a pattern for a fitted vest that I think I can put some supporting bones into and extend the bottom to mid thigh, then I found a commercial Simplicity pattern that will “almost” work for the jacket with a few modifications.

So, last night I drafted my changes, and cut out the vest from a pretty brocade that has lots of browns and greens and the jacket is a heavy suede feeling deep moss green.

I will post pics later of them finished, hopefully I can get them done by the end of the weekend depending on how much stitching I get done on my new RR piece.

OK done rambling for the time being...

~Hugz

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Where are you, Erin? Are you going to continue blogging? I hope everything is fine. Christmas is coming to an end, and I'm waiting for the new year.
    Hugs and best wishes,
    Susan
    Contacted http://www.term-paper-research.com/, December 14

    ReplyDelete